Tattle: An appetite for 'Hunger Games'
IF YOU'RE A tween girl, this is a merger of the two most awesomest things in the whole world. The Hollywood Reporter says Taylor Swift tweeted a link last week to her new song, "Safe and Sound."
IF YOU'RE A tween girl, this is a merger of the two most awesomest things in the whole world.
The Hollywood Reporter says Taylor Swift tweeted a link last week to her new song, "Safe and Sound."
And it's from the upcoming movie version of "The Hunger Games."
"Something I've been VERY excited about for a VERY long time is going to be happening VERY soon (and I'm not referring to Christmas)," she wrote, later adding: "And this is it, the big surprise . . . Go get it!"
She included an iTunes link to the song, a melancholy, acoustic ballad featuring the Civil Wars that includes the lyrics: "Just close your eyes / The sun is going down / You'll be all right / No one can hurt you / In the morning light / You and I'll be safe and sound."
Even though it doesn't rhyme, this must be catnip to Katniss fans.
"Hunger Games," based on the first novel in Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy, hits theaters March 23.
Smooth-singing Penn alum
has proposed to his girlfriend, model
, while the couple vacationed in the Maldives.
He's won nine Grammys. She has a food blog and was named "rookie of the year" in Sports Illustrated's annual swimsuit issue last year.
And today's his 33rd birthday. Nice present.
* Also getting down on his knee was Season 8 "American Idol" finalist Danny Gokey, who announced on the Sophia's Heart website, named after his late wife, that he's engaged to Leyicet Peralta.
* On the flip side there's Sinead O'Connor, who has ended her fourth marriage - to Barry Herridge - after 16 days.
Beat that, Kim Kardashian.
According to Reuters, Sinead knew three hours into the marriage that her husband's family was not on board.
"It became apparent to me," she said, "that if he were to stay with me he would be losing too much to bear."
Sinead, who doesn't drink, said Herridge was also "enormously wounded and very badly affected by" her search for some weed on their wedding night.
She added that they had made a mistake "rushing into getting married."
"The marriage was 16 days. We lived together for 7 days only. Until Xmas eve. And we haven't been awful to each other," she said.
* The Los Angeles coroner's office says Jamaican-born rapper
died of natural causes.
Coroner's office spokesman Craig Harvey said yesterday that weight and a transcontinental jet flight were contributing factors.
The cause of death was pulmonary embolism and deep leg-vein thrombosis. He also had arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
* TMZ.com reports that corned-beef eating record holder Patrick "Deep Dish" Bertoletti performed a Hanukkah miracle Friday, guzzling two full bottles of Manischewitz wine in less than a minute.
Even though Bertoletti wasn't Jewish when he started chugging, by the end his head was spinning like a dreidel.
* The Los Angeles Times reports that even though it may turn out to have no legal standing, a ballot measure requiring porn actors to wear condoms while filming in L.A. has qualified for the June ballot.
For it to pass, voters - like porn stars - will merely have to pull the lever.
- Daily News wire services
contributed to this report.