* Old City's Serrano (20 S. 2nd St., 215- 928-0770, tinangel.com) normally closes for vacation in July. The restaurant has been open Thursday through Saturday this year, featuring casual, discounted street food, specially priced drinks and entertainment. Kenn Kweder performs Saturday, 7-10 p.m.
* From 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, Devil's Den (1148 S. 11th St., 215-339-0855, devilsdenphilly.com) celebrates the Tour de France with an Ommegang Beer Brunch with special drafts and food, and the finale playing on the telly.
* The Dialogue Forum and Turkish Cultural Center celebrates the Muslim holiday month of Ramadan with a free outdoor dinner for all at sunset Friday and Saturday on Independence Mall near the visitor's center on Market Street between 5th and 6th streets. With speakers, live Turkish music, art and more.
* Get your barbecue without the smoke and sweat (yours, anyway) at the Chef's Counter at Sbraga (440 S. Broad St., 215-735-1913, sbraga.com), where chef/owner Kevin Sbraga is offering $79-a-person barbecue feasts Mondays through Thursdays this summer. Add a beverage pairing for $50.
* French fries with ketchup. Or mayo. So old-school. Think outside the bottle to craft a novel fry-dipping recipe and win a summer contest at Morey's Piers in Wildwood. At stake is $500 cash and a free bucket of Curley's Fries every week next summer. Submit recipes at facebook.com/MoreysPiers by midnight Sept. 2. Five finalists will compete during Morey's Piers Super Sunday Celebration on Sept. 29.
* University City Dining Days is under way through Aug. 1, with three-course dinner specials for $15, $25 or $35. Among the participants are Dock Street Brewery, Jose Garces' Distrito, Han Dynasty, Harvest and Doc Magrogan Oyster House. Details, ucdiningdays.com.