Makes 12 servingsEndTextStartText
1 cup yellow corn meal
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
8 ounces Greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Stir together.
3. Measure the yogurt and milk in a measuring cup and add the egg. Stir together with a fork. Add the baking soda and stir.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until combined.
5. Melt butter in a cast iron skillet. Pour almost all the melted butter (leave a small amount in the bottom of the pan) into the batter. Stir until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into the hot skillet (batter should sizzle). Spread to even out the surface.
7. Cook on stovetop over medium heat for one minute, then bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Per serving: 118 calories, 4 grams protein, 15 grams carbohydrates, 47 grams fat, 26 milligrams cholesterol, 290 milligrams sodium, 2 grams dietary fiber.