Whip up an easy vegetable curry with a hint of India. To shorten cooking time, I cut the eggplant into small cubes. The other vegetables can be sliced in a food processor.
This dish is flavored with curry powder. Bottled curry powder loses its flavor quickly and should be replaced if it is more than 6 months old.
Makes 2 servings
1/2 pound eggplant, diced (about 2 cups)
1 pound zucchini, sliced (about 2 cups)
1/2 medium red bell pepper, sliced (about 1 cup)
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 medium red onion, sliced (about 2 cups)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground ginger
11/2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons ground cumin
11/2 tablespoons curry powder
1 cup apple juice
1/4 cup raisins
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash eggplant and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Wash zucchini and red bell pepper and slice. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and eggplant. Saute 5 minutes.
3. Add zucchini, red bell pepper and garlic. Saute 5 minutes.
4. Add ginger, flour, cumin and curry. Toss well.
5. Add apple juice. Cook until thick, about 1 minute.
6. Add raisins and salt and pepper to taste.