Makes 4 portions
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 shallots, peeled and minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
10-12 ounces assorted fresh mushrooms, wiped clean, stemmed, and finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup red wine
1. Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until the shallots and garlic are translucent.
3. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, stirring, until all the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are browning but still have some softness, 10-12 minutes.
4. Add the wine and cook, stirring to deglaze the pan, until all the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and let cool before using.
- Anna Herman, annasedibleadventures.com
Per serving (based on 4): 46 calories; 2.8 grams protein; 3.4 grams carbohydrates; 1.5 grams sugar; 3.1 grams fat; 8 milligrams cholesterol; 316 milligrams sodium; .9 grams dietary fiber.