Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons paprika
5 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 cups panko
3 eggs, beaten
¼ teaspoon hot sauce
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, butterflied and pounded thin (about 1/4 inch)
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. In one bowl, combine flour, paprika, and ¼ teaspoon salt. In another bowl, combine beaten egg and hot sauce. In a third bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
2. Dredge a chicken breast in the flour mixture and shake off excess. Dip to cover in egg mixture and let excess drain off. Dredge in bread crumb mixture. Place on clean, dry plate. Repeat with all chicken breasts.
3. Place about ¼ cup oil each into 2 hot, large skillets and heat oil to 370 degrees over moderate, high heat.
4. Add chicken to oil in pan, cook until golden and crispy, and turn and repeat on other side (roughly 3 minutes per side).
5. Transfer chicken to a plate or tray lined with paper towels. Season with salt and ground pepper. Drizzle lemon juice and scatter chopped parsley on top of chicken and serve immediately.
Per serving: 737 calories; 63 grams protein; 50 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams sugar; 31 grams fat; 254 milligrams cholesterol; 618 milligrams sodium; 5 grams dietary fiber.