3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pound mushrooms (shiitakes, oysters, maitakes, chanterelles)
11/2 pound homemade egg noodles (or sub fresh lasagna sheets cut into ribbons)
2 sticks unsalted butter, in chunks
2 cups sour cream
1 pound cottage cheese
6 large eggs, beaten
12 sprigs fresh chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10x10-inch baking dish.
2. For the mushrooms, saute in three batches in a large pan with one tablespoon butter and one tablespoon olive oil, until brown. Set aside and allow to cool.
3. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add noodles, cook until al dente. Drain. Return noodles to the pot, add butter and stir to melt. Then add sour cream, cottage cheese, eggs, cooked mushrooms and parsley. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Put into baking dish. Bake until top is golden brown, about 30 to 45 minutes. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
– from Hungry Pigeon chef and co-owner, Scott Scrhoeder