Makes 6 servingsEndTextStartText
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar (red wine, rice wine, or apple cider - any sweet cooking vinegar)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature and cubed
11/2 pounds salmon, skin removed (ask at fish counter)
Juice of half a lime
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place small saucepan or high-sided skillet over low heat and add vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Bring to slow simmer. Whisk in butter until melted completely and remove from heat. Set aside.
3. In a bowl large enough for the salmon, marinate the fish with half of the glaze at room temperature for 15 minutes.
4. Place salmon on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or lightly greased. Place in oven on center rack, and roast for 20 to 25 minutes. Glaze fish every 5 to 7 minutes during cooking time with remaining glaze.
5. Once the salmon is out of the oven, glaze once again. Finish with the juice of half a lime and season additionally, according to taste. Portion to serve with a side of steamed vegetables and enjoy.
Per serving: 339 Calories, 22 grams fat, 91 milligrams cholesterol, 517 milligrams sodium, 483 milligrams potassium, 13 grams carbohydrates, 12 grams sugar, 23 grams protein