Makes about 26 rolls
4 cups plus 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 ¼ teaspoons salt
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
3½ teaspoons yeast
5 sticks plus 2 tablespoons of butter
14 ounces whole milk
10 ounces chocolate chips
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixer. Slowly add the butter, milk, and 6 eggs, leaving one for later. Add chocolate chips. Continue to beat until dough comes cleanly off the bowl, adding more flour if necessary.
2. Place dough in large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit until it doubles in size.
3. Punch dough down and knead three to five times on a floured cutting board.
4. Shape balls about 3 tablespoons in size. Line them up on a floured sheet tray and let rise until they double in size, or overnight.
5. Brush dough with egg wash (1 egg plus 1 tablespoon water).
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.
Per serving: Per serving: 360 calories, 6 g protein, 38 g carbohydrates, 20 g fat, 13 g saturated fat, 79 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 1 g dietary fiber, 12 g sugar.