Makes 6 servings
¼ cup olive oil
1 medium white onion, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium red bell pepper
1 16-ounce bag frozen corn
1/3 cup water
1 pound shelled frozen edamame, thawed
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped fine. Reserve a few leaves for garnish
1. Heat large saute pan over medium heat. After 3 minutes, add olive oil.
2. Sweat onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent.
3. Add red bell pepper and corn. Cook for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally.
4. Season twice around pan with salt.
5. Add shelled edamame to pan and cook an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Pour succotash into a large mixing bowl.
7. Add chopped cilantro and the juice of 1 lime into bowl.
8. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with reserved cilantro leaves.
Per serving: 245 calories, 10 grams protein, 25 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams sugar, 13 grams fat, no cholesterol, 10 milligrams sodium, 5 grams dietary fiber. EndText