Always in a rush in the morning but want to have a healthy breakfast? Try baking these delicious fall inspired oatmeal muffins on the weekend and have them ready-to-go for the weekday morning rush. Oats are a whole grain that contain fiber and protein to help keep you satisfied until lunchtime. The pumpkin puree is rich in Vitamin A which is important for eye health! The cinnamon and nutmeg add a warm spice flavor that will keep your home smelling delicious for days. Option to omit the egg and use ground flax seed instead which provides vital and heart healthy Omega-3 fatty acids.
Pumpkin Spiced Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line standard muffin tin with baking cups or if not using, spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs in the bowl with milk and pumpkin puree. *If using flaxseed, stir together the ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes, until slightly thickened and gel-like.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Divide batter into 12 cups and bake until firm and lightly golden, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm or allow them to cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.