With winter fast approaching, it's soup making time! This simple, creamy soup is comforting and delicious. Parsnips are a plentiful winter root vegetable that look like a white carrot. This soup is rich in immune supporting Vitamin C and the optional pumpkin seeds are rich in Zinc to help your family stay healthy this holiday season. Enjoy as an appetizer for your holiday meal, or alongside of a hearty salad or sandwich. Freeze the leftovers for up to three months to enjoy on a snow day!
Sweet Apple Parsnip Soup
- Add oil to a soup pot and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add sliced parsnips, potato, and apples and cook until soft.
- Stir in vegetable stock, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, and allow soup to cool.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth or use an immersion blender
- Reheat soup to serve and garnish with pumpkin seeds.