So, when would a 3-1-1 non-emergency line be used?
Here are some examples:
* To complain about a stray dog roaming your neighborhood.
* To report an abandoned car left on your street for weeks.
* To report a noisy neighbor.
* To request that the city fix a pothole.
* To find out the operating hours of your local library.
* To ask where to go in City Hall to get a marriage license.
* To check which day your recycling gets picked up during a holiday week.
You would still call 9-1-1 for such emergencies as:
* To report a fire.
* If you see a crime being committed or if you are a crime victim.
* If someone has a heart attack.
* To report a car accident.
* To report suspicious activity that could lead to a crime.