BRIAN GRADY, a top deputy in the District Attorney's Office who in March resigned or was fired - depending on whom you ask - is still getting paid.

His last day in the office was March 9. City payroll records showed him working during the week of March 12. He was marked as being out sick the last two weeks of March.

His base salary this year - taxpayers' dollars - was $157,960.

When asked about this on Monday, Grady told the Daily News: "I resigned. I was told I would be paid for my accrued time. . . . My date of separation is June 13."

He said this understanding followed a "resignation conversation" he had with District Attorney Seth Williams.

Grady would not explain his "accrued time," saying he doesn't work in human resources.

After being asked about this by the Daily News, D.A. spokeswoman Tasha Jamerson said Tuesday that her office discovered there was an "accounting error." Grady's payroll "should not have been entered as sick; it should have been entered as vacation time," she said.

The D.A.'s policy is to pay unused, accrued vacation time to employees who resign, she said. People who resign do not get paid unused sick days.

The initial week after his resignation should also have been marked as vacation for his unused time, Jamerson said.

As for the June 13 separation date, she said, "that's not accurate." Grady's 37 unused vacation days would pay him through May 2, she said.

On Tuesday, Grady said he was informed of the corrected date but said he was originally told his accrued time went to June 13.

Grady, 43, began working under Williams as a deputy district attorney on Jan. 4, 2010. The newly elected D.A. had named him to head the new Special Operations Division.

Sources have told the Daily News that Grady was fired or at least forced to resign on March 9 after an argument he had with an employee at a Center City bar in February.

The D.A's Office said in a news release March 12 that Grady resigned. He "has left the office to return to the private practice of law," it said. The office and Grady himself said he was not fired.

On the night of Feb. 13, Grady had gone to McGillin's Olde Ale House, near Juniper and Sansom streets, and tried to crash a private party, sources have said.

They said he began arguing with a bar employee, Chris Irons, who then called the cops. Police eventually calmed the situation and no arrests were made.

After the incident, Irons sent an email to Williams and other top city officials complaining about Grady's behavior. McGillin's owner, Chris Mullins, has said Irons no longer works at the bar and his departure had nothing to do with the incident.