Don't you hate entering contests and never hearing who won? That doesn't happen with the Daily News' annual My Favorite Things holiday gift giveaway.
This year's winners include a 90-year-old grandmother who faithfully sent in her coupons each day; a school crossing guard who's coming to get her prizes after her shift ends; and another woman whose birthday happens to be today. These and seven other Daily News readers each get prize packages worth more than $2,700.
Their prizes include:
* a $100 gift card from Acme,
* tickets to an upcoming Flyers game,
* a $300 couples massage at the Rittenhouse Spa & Club,
* a $150 gift certificate for dinner at Del Frisco's,
* a gourmet food basket from Rastelli's Market Fresh,
* an UGG throw from Bloomingdale's,
* a $100 gift card to buy Opposuits at Macy's,
* a $175 gift card to Ballard Designs at King of Prussia,
* a $100 gift card to Century 21,
* Dr. Dre Beats headphones by QVC,
* lunch for two at the Christmas Village in LOVE Park,
* a free year's subscription to the Daily News.
Here are our winners:
Hazel J. Bacon, Tonya Brantley, Linda C. Dilligard, Diane L. Martin, Cynthia Puckett, Blayney Stokes, Steve Tengood and Diana Thomas, all of Philadelphia; Timothea Florkowski, of Mt. Laurel, N.J.; and Michael Maltman, of Gloucester City, N.J.
We hope the winners enjoy their holiday goodies as much as we enjoyed giving them away.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone! And thank you to everyone who entered the 2015 My Favorite Things contest.