PRINCETON - A salmonella outbreak at Princeton University this spring appears to have been caused by an ill food service worker who touched shredded cheddar cheese, New Jersey health officials say.
There were 28 confirmed and 42 probable cases of the bacterial infection on campus between April 20 and May 2, the state Department of Health and Senior Services says. All apparently came from two food stations at the Frist Campus Center. A salad bar and the Olé Nuevo Latino food station were shut down May 2 and reopened Monday. - AP