Shots were fired early Wednesday morning near the scene of a Minneapolis protest for the second night in a row. One man was arrested, but there were no reports of injuries, police said.

Black Lives Matter protesters have been camping out in front of Minneapolis's Fourth Precinct since Nov. 15, when two of the city's police officers were involved in the killing of 24-year-old Jamar Clark.

On Monday night, five people suffered gunshot injuries that were not life-threatening when at least one person opened fire on the crowd. Within 24 hours, police had arrested a 23-year-old in Bloomington, a nearby city, as well as a 26-year-old and a 21-year-old who turned themselves in to investigators. A fourth person, a 32-year-old Hispanic man arrested in south Minneapolis, was released after it was determined he was not at the scene of the shooting, police said.

By Tuesday night, all seemed peaceful. Not long before the shooting, the Star Tribune posted video of those celebrating "love for the community," as one demonstrator put it.

Around 12:40 a.m. Minneapolis time Wednesday, that changed. An officer who answered the phone at the Fourth Precinct confirmed that shots had been fired and said that there were no injuries or arrests. There were no details about who fired the shots at whom, or why.

About noon, police spokesman Scott Seroka e-mailed this statement to the Washington Post: "The MPD did respond to a shots/shotspotter activation in the area near the 4th precinct at 12:40 am. (Near 1300 blocks Newton/Morgan). No reports of injuries. Suspects stopped and id'd by officers. One male booked."

While the Associated Press and other outlets reported that all was quiet overnight at the protest, demonstrators took to social media to discuss the gunfire. Alternative news outlets such as Unicorn Riot also noted the shots; one posted video.