Roy Moore's communications director John Rogers has resigned from the Alabama Senate candidate's campaign, according to the Associated Press.

Campaign strategist Brett Doster told CNN that Rogers wasn't prepared to deal with the "level of scrutiny" from the media following the Washington Post's extensive report on Nov. 9 detailing allegations that Moore pursued relationships with teenage girls, including a 14-year-old when he was 32. Since the publication of the Post's report, other women have stepped forward to make similar accusations. Moore has denied the allegations.

Campaign chairman Bill Armistead told the AP that the campaign appreciated Rogers' "valuable contributions to our team." He will be replaced by Hannah Ford, the deputy campaign manager.

The Moore campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Earlier in the day, Doster said in an email message to the Post that "The Washington Post is a worthless piece of crap that has gone out of its way to railroad Roy Moore. There is no need for anyone at The Washington Post to ever reach out to the Roy Moore campaign again because we will not respond to anyone from the Post now or in the future. Happy Thanksgiving."

Katie Frost, who handled press for the Moore campaign during the primary elections, left after Moore won the nomination in September.

The Washington Post's Michael Scherer contributed to this article.