"Mom Quiz" might be the more appropriate title for this space today. Answers below.
1. The "Mothers of Invention" refers to ... ?
a. A museum in Cleveland dedicated to female patent holders.
b. A 1950s sitcom starring Betty White.
c. An organization of retired nunnery directors.
d. A rock band led by Frank Zappa.
2. Who was Mother Jones?
a. 1937 Triple Crown winner.
b. Labor activist Mary Jones.
c. The woman who inspired the song "Me and Mrs. Jones."
d. Bill Clinton's pet name for Paula Jones, who sued him for sexual harassment.
3. What was Mother Teresa's real name?
a. Carol Wojtyla.
b. Hildegard von Bingen.
c. Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu.
d. Mary Wollstonecraft.
4. Amy Chua is best known for this book, released last year.
a. Tiger Mom.
b.My Tiger Mom & Me.
c.Battle Hymn of the Tiger Daughter.
d.Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother.
5. This state, where eight chief executives were born, is known as the Mother of Presidents.
c. New York.
6. Which pair made up the female half of the Mamas and the Papas?
a. Cher and Cass Elliot.
b. Michelle Phillips and Cass Elliot.
c. Mackenzie Phillips and Denny Doherty.
c. Ann and Nancy Wilson.
7. Who cowrote and sang the hit song "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh"?
a. Bobby Vee.
b. Bobby Sherman.
c. Allan Sherman.
d. Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
8. Which of the following is not a Beatles song?
a. "Mother's Little Helper."
b. "Mother Nature's Son."
c. "Your Mother Should Know."
d. "Lady Madonna."
9. Who was not in the cast of the movie Mamma Mia?
a. Meryl Streep.
b. Anne Hathaway.
c. Amanda Seyfried.
d. Christine Baranski.
10. Who played the title character in Throw Momma From the Train?
a. Ruth Gordon.
b. Ruth Buzzi.
c. Helen Hayes.