Makes 12 large cookies or 24 small cookies
13/4 packed cups light brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
13/4 cups peanut butter
Coarse-grained sea salt, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, vigorously whisk together the light brown sugar and eggs until incorporated. Whisk in the vanilla extract. Add the peanut butter and mix with a spatula until smooth and completely incorporated, and until no ribbons of peanut butter can be seen. You know the dough is ready when it is the consistency of Play-Doh.
3. Using a scoop or a spoon, form the dough into 12 approximately 2-inch balls and place them on the prepared rimmed sheet pan. For smaller cookies, use a heaping tablespoon.
4. Sprinkle the dough balls lightly with coarse-grained sea salt just before baking. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, turning the rimmed sheet pan once halfway through baking (for smaller cookies, bake for 16 to 18 minutes). When finished, the cookies will be lightly golden and cracked on top. Let cool completely before serving.
5. You can bake these cookies as soon as the dough is prepared, but they will retain their shape better if you freeze them for 15 minutes before baking.
Per serving (per cookie based on 12): 325 calories; 11 grams protein; 31 grams carbohydrates; 27 grams sugar; 20 grams fat; 31 milligrams cholesterol; 288 milligrams sodium; 2 grams dietary fiber.