Makes 6 servings
15 carrots, washed, peeled, and chopped
1 tablespoon good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Wash and peel the carrots. Slice them diagonally in 1-inch-thick slices.
3. Place them in a mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
5. Place the carrots on the sheet pan in a single layer and roast in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, checking after 18, or until browned and tender.
6. Remove from the oven and serve.
Per serving: 83 calories, 2 grams fat, no cholesterol, 299 milligrams sodium, 15 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams dietary fiber, 7 grams sugar, 1 gram protein.