Serves 2 to 3
Tahini Yogurt Sauce
1/4 cup yogurt
3 tablespoons tahini
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons water
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups washed spinach
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup mixed cilantro and parsley
1/4 cup cold water
Salt and pepper
2 cups mixed chopped fresh green vegetables (asparagus, broccoli, fennel, Brussels sprouts, green beans)
1/2 sliced avocado
1. Make tahini yogurt sauce: Combine yogurt, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Can be made two days ahead.
2. Make the spinach sauce: Combine spinach, garlic, herbs, and water in a blender. Season to taste and set aside. Can be made two days ahead.
3. Heat a saute pan and add olive oil. When hot, add vegetables and saute for 5 to 6 minutes or until just soft, then add the tahini sauce and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
4. Whisk together eggs and spinach sauce. Heat a pan over medium heat and add olive oil. When hot, add eggs and cook for 4 minutes or until set. Flip the omelet and add vegetables. Cook for another 4 minutes or until set. Fold the omelet over the filling.
5. To serve, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, cut the omelet into two or three portions and serve with sliced avocado on top.
Per serving: 331 calories, 18 grams protein, 14 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams sugar, 24 grams fat, 329 milligrams cholesterol, 211 milligrams sodium, 6 grams dietary fiber.