4 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
14 ounces lean ground grass-fed beef
4 tablespoons chipotle sauce
28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
1 large handful cilantro, coarsley chopped, plus extra to serve
Freshly ground black pepper
4 free-range eggs
1 jalapeno chili, thinly sliced
1. Heat the oil in a large, wide saucepan or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
2. Increase heat to high, add the beef, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up any lumps as you go.
3. Stir in chipotle sauce, tomato, and cilantro, season with salt and pepper, reduce the heat to medium, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
4. Using a spoon, make four indents into the beef mixture, and crack an egg into each one. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes until the eggs and beef are cooked. Garnish with sliced chili and extra cilantro, then grind some black pepper over and serve right away.
Per serving: 335 calories, 29 grams protein, 12 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams sugar, 18grams fat, 251 milligrams cholesterol, 775 milligrams sodium, 1 grams dietary fiber.
- What Katie Ate on the Weekend by Katie Quinn Davies (Viking Studio, 2015)