1 20- to 25-pound turkey
32 ounces La Colombe Haitian coffee
2 Scotch bonnet peppers
2 cups kosher salt
2 ounces fresh oregano
4 ounces fresh rosemary
4 ounces fresh thyme
1 pound butter
Salt and pepper
1. Combine ingredients in 18 quarts of water. Submerge turkey in brine and leave for 20 to 48 hours. Place in large cooler or refrigerator.
2. To roast: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Remove turkey from brine. Remove all herbs and whole Scotch bonnets from brine and place inside cavity of the turkey.
4. Let turkey rest in a roasting pan and air-dry for 1-2 hours.
5. Melt butter with ½-ounce salt and ½-ounce pepper. Rub half the butter on the turkey and put the rest inside the cavity.
6. Truss the legs and place in oven. Turkey should cook for 15 to 20 minutes per pound.
Per serving: Per serving: 209 calories, 19 g protein, 8 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 46 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 5 g dietary fiber.