Makes two sandwiches. Makes 4 serving(s)
4 slices sourdough bread
Butter for toasting
8 slices roasted turkey
Salt and pepper
2 cups cranberry sauce
1 cup red wine
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 vanilla bean
1 cup leftover stuffing
2½ cups milk
1. Brush bread with butter and toast, or crisp each side in a saute pan.
2. Season turkey with salt and pepper.
3. Heat cranberry sauce with vinegar and vanilla in a saucepan and simmer for about 20 minutes, then spread on bread slices. Layer two slices of turkey on top of each bread slice.
4. Bring milk to a boil in a separate saucepan.
5. Place stuffing in a blender and slowly add hot milk, blending until the resulting sauce thickens to a consistency similar to cheese sauce.
6. Ladle sauce over the sandwiches and place slices under a broiler for several minutes, until the sauce starts to bubble and turn golden brown.
Per serving: Per serving: 552 calories, 51 g protein, 40 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 121 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 3 g dietary fiber, 11 g sugar.