Makes 6 servings
11/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 packages wooden skewers, 6 to 8 inches long (about 2 dozen)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lime, zested and juiced (optional)
1/2 bunch fresh parsley
For Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce:
1 cup natural chunky peanut butter, no sugar added
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
2 tablespoons honey
May need water to adjust consistency
1 teaspoon soy sauce (optional, to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut chicken breast lengthwise into ¾-inch-wide strips.
2. Insert pointed end of stick into each strip and skewer.
3. Toss skewers into olive oil in large bowl and season gently with salt and black pepper.
4. Place chicken onto sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Cook for approximately 15 minutes. (Roasting time may be more or less than 15 minutes depending on oven).
5. Toss chicken skewers in large mixing bowl with fresh lime juice (if using), zest, and chopped parsley.
Directions for sauce:
6. In a small sauce pot, warm honey with crushed red pepper flakes over low heat. In medium mixing bowl, add honey to peanut butter using a whisk to combine thoroughly.
7. Add water to adjust consistency, whisking to incorporate.
8. Taste and add soy sauce to taste.