Makes 6 servings
4 yellow fleshed
potatoes, skin left on
Salt and pepper
1. Scrub the potatoes, carrots and parsnips.
Slice the vegetables in strips to resemble
2. For the potatoes: Cut in half, then place flat
side down and cut into strips about ¼ inch
in width. Cut those pieces in half again if
3. Slice the carrots and parsnips into similar
4. Place the vegetables in a zip-top gallon bag
and fill with cold water. Allow to soak for 30
minutes (to remove starch).
5. Drain the vegetables and pat dry. Lay on a
foil-lined sheet brushed lightly with olive oil.
Lightly brush the vegetables with olive oil.
Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and
6. Bake in a 400° F oven for 30 to 35
minutes (with the chicken wings, switching
places halfway through to make sure each
7. Serve hot.
Per serving: 104 calories, 1 g fat, 394 mg sodium, no cholesterol, 21 g carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber,
trace sugar, 3 g protein.