Election 2018: What time polls close in Pa., N.J., and Del., and other voting information
Need to know where to go to vote? Here's how you can look up your polling place.
The midterm election is Nov. 6.
If you're planning on voting in-person in the midterm election, use the information below to find your polling place and to plan what time you should head over.
Not registered to vote yet? That'll be your first step — here's what you need to do.
Find your polling place
Polling places can change and will change if you have moved. It's a good idea to check your polling location before going to vote. Luckily, each state has a locator you can utilize to be sure of where you're heading. They can be found here:
• Go to Pennsylvania's Department of State's website to find your polling place.
• Go to the New Jersey's Department of State's website to find your polling place.
• Go to the State of Delaware's website to find your polling place.
Polling place hours
• Pennsylvania polling places are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
• New Jersey polling places are open from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m.
• Delaware polling places are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
I live in Philadelphia and my polling place is a restaurant. Is that right?
If you live in Philly and your polling place locator puts you inside someone's garage or a local eatery on Election Day, it's probably not a mistake. Philly's home to some strange voting spots. The Office of the Philadelphia City Commissioners' master list of polling places from the primary shows that voters were scattered all over, from Lee's Hoagie House to the Mummers Museum.
"We would love nothing more than to have a brand new, fully accessible public building in every voting district," Robert Lee, the city's voting registration administrator, told WHYY in 2010. "It would make our life a lot easier … But unfortunately it's not a reality." This Huffington Post 2016 photo essay showing off some of the nation's weirdest polling places includes contributions from Philly in case you'd like to see them in action.