American sprinter Sha’Carri Richardson has accepted a one-month suspension and could miss the Olympics after testing positive for marijuana at the U.S. Olympic trials last month.

Here’s the latest of what we know:

  • Richardson, 21, tested positive at the U.S. Olympic trials last month, where she broke out as a gold medal contender after winning the 100 meters in 10.86 seconds, the fourth-fastest time in U.S. history. The world record of 10.49 was set by Florence Griffith Joyner in 1988.

  • She has accepted a one-month suspension, the United States Anti-Doping Agency announced. As a result, her results from the Olympic trials have been “disqualified” and she “forfeits any medals, points, and prizes.”

» READ MORE: Cheer for Black girls with orange hair, long nails, tats, and lashes | Opinion

  • Richardson’s suspension began June 28. She will be unable to participate in the 100 meters competition in Tokyo, but she could be cleared to run in the 4x100 meter relay on Aug. 6, if she makes the U.S. team.

  • There are six athletes entered into the 4x100 pool, according to ESPN. Four are qualifiers based on their performance in the 100-meter individual race, and two will be named by USA Track & Field.

  • Richardson told NBC she ingested something with marijuana in it before she competed in Oregon, where recreational marijuana is legal. Recreational use of cannabis is legal in 18 states, including New Jersey.

  • While cannabis and marijuana are not performance-enhancing substances, they are prohibited in competition under the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee National Anti-Doping Policy.

  • Richardson appeared on the Today show Friday morning and apologized for the failed drug test, and took responsibility. “As much as I’m disappointed, I know that when I step on the track I represent not only myself, I represent a community that has shown great support, great love,” Richardson said. “I apologize for the fact that I didn’t know how to control my emotions or deal with my emotions during that time.”

  • After the Olympic trials, Richardson told NBC that her biological mother had died a week before the competition. “Everybody has struggles, and I understand that, but y’all see me on this track, and y’all see the poker face I put on. But nobody but them and my coach knows what I go through on a day-to-day basis,” she said.