The Federal Emergency Management Agency is opening disaster recovery centers in areas affected by the remnants of Hurricane Ida. Homeowners, renters, and business owners can get assistance with applying for federal aid and ask questions of FEMA and U.S. Small Business Administration specialists.

Residents of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia, and York Counties can visit any FEMA center. Centers in Bucks and Delaware Counties center have closed.

All centers are open weekdays 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The registration deadline for federal assistance is Nov. 10. Those who are registered can seek federal assistance for housing and other needs, as well as out-of-pocket lodging expenses paid after evacuating their homes.

Residents can also apply for disaster loans from the Small Business Administration and for disaster unemployment benefits. The unemployment application deadline is Oct. 20 for residents of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia and York Counties. It is Oct. 27 for residents of Bedford and Northampton Counties.

Recovery centers

  • Montgomery County, Montgomery County Community College: Health Sciences Center – Educational Gymnasium, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell

  • Montgomery County mobile center: Hyatt Place, 440 American Ave., King of Prussia. Noon to 7 p.m. Oct. 22 and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct 23.

  • Chester County, Ashbridge Square Shopping Center: 945 E. Lancaster Avenue, Downingtown

  • Philadelphia: Former CVS, 7219 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia

  • York County, Manchester Township Municipal Building: 3200 Farmtrail Rd., York

How to apply

There are multiple ways to apply for federal disaster assistance. You do not have to visit a center in person.

  • Online at

  • Through the FEMA app

  • By calling the FEMA Helpline: 1-800-621-3362 or TTY 1-800-462-7585, seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

  • At a disaster resource center

» READ MORE: How to help victims of Ida from Philly

What to have before you apply

FEMA workers at the disaster centers can help residents apply and upload required documents.

  • Social Security number, insurance information, damage information, household financial information, bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit

  • Photos of your damaged home and belongings

  • A list of damaged or lost items

  • A claim filed with your insurance company, if you have insurance

» READ MORE: How to file a Hurricane Ida damage claim for wind and flooding

This post will be updated.