A man who was shot early Saturday ran from a nightclub just north of Chinatown to Hahnemann University Hospital only to learn it had closed, Philadelphia police said.

The 45-year-old told police he entered NOTO Philadelphia, a dance club on the 1200 block of Vine Street, shortly before 1:30 a.m. when he was jumped by about a dozen men, authorities said.

The man was able to get out of the club and run to the former Hahnemann, about two blocks away at Broad and Vine Streets, police said. But there was no one there to help him.

Until this summer, Hahnemann served nearly 150 emergency room patients — many minorities from underserved neighborhoods in North Philadelphia — each day. Hospital officials announced in June that the 496-bed facility, which had been losing money for years, would close. Later that month, the former Level 1 and 2 trauma center started turning away trauma patients.

Now, the building sits vacant, with “closed” signs at its main entrance.

When the man saw that it was closed, he flagged down a cab, police said, and asked the driver to take him to his car at 11th and Callowhill Streets.

It wasn’t until he got to the vehicle, authorities said, that the man felt pain in his back and realized he had been shot. It was not clear why he had headed to Hahnemann initially.

He then ran to a nearby bar and asked employees to call police. Police said they transported the man to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. He had been shot in the back, authorities said, and was in stable condition Saturday.

The gunman remained at large Saturday, said police, who did not know what prompted the shooting.

NOTO was hosting a Powerhouse AfterParty Friday night headlined by rapper Saweetie.

Club operator James De Berardine said Saturday night that there was “no evidence” that anyone was shot inside the club.

He said that as a policy, no weapons are allowed inside the club and all patrons were searched.

He acknowledged that a scuffle had occurred but said those involved were removed from the club and "then the night went on as normal.”