Another survivor of last week's train deadly derailment in Frankford has sued Amtrak for negligence and recklessness.

Trevor Beddoe, 35, of Queens, N.Y., filed his complaint today in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court against the transit company, saying he suffered "catastrophic and disabling injuries" including a traumatic brain injury, fractured clavicle, shoulder and ribs, lung trauma and other internal injuries, and various cuts and orthopedic injuries. An eBay employee, Beddoe had worked in King of Prussia the day of the crash and had boarded Train 188 at 30th Street Station to head home. He was riding in the second car, which was among the most damaged in the derailment.

The suit, filed by attorneys Joseph L. Messa Jr. and Thomas N. Sweeney, also names Beddoe's wife, Eunju, as a plaintiff, and her cause of grief as loss of consortium.

Besides Amtrak, Beddoe names train engineer Brandon Bostian as a defendant. The National Transportation Safety Board found that the train, with Bostian in control, was traveling at 106 mph - more than twice the posted speed limit at the curve in the tracks where the train derailed.

Meanwhile, the NTSB announced today that investigators determined Bostian did use his cellphone the day of the derailment to make calls, send texts and otherwise use his data plan. They have not yet discovered though whether any of his phone activity occurred while he was at the train's controls. To determine that, they will work to correlate the time stamps in Bostian''s cellphone records with multiple data sources, including the locomotive's event recorder and outward-facing video, recorded radio communications and surveillance video. That could be a lengthy process, the NTSB said.

Investigators found no problems or malfunctions with the signals systems, the NTSB said in a statement. They're nearly done work at the crash site and at its facilities in Delaware, where the mangled cars were removed for further study. Further 3D laser scanning of the train cars will be done in coming weeks. The entire investigation is expected to last a year.

The NTSB set up a webpage where it will post information relating to its investigation here.