Chef Christina Pirello, star of the TV series Christina Cooks, will host a series of pop-up dinners in the second-floor dining room of Pennsport's Caffe Valentino (1245 S. Third St.).
First up is a five-course vegan pre-Valentine's Day dinner on Friday, Feb. 12 at 7 p.m.
There will be entertainment, as the evening will include a pianist playing beside her open kitchen.
And her husband, Robert, is tagging along.
• Saffron-scented red lentil and cauliflower soup with bruschetta topped with sautéed greens and shitake mushrooms.
• Cabbage spring rolls with a sweet and spicy apricot glaze.
• A trio of compositions, featuring grilled polenta triangles; pan-fried tofu with baby bok choy and pineapple; and roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes topped with pomegranate and roasted pecans.
• Arugula and fennel salad, with grapefruit and oil-cured black olives.
• Chocolate truffle pudding topped with almond cream and an almond cookie.
The dinner, which is BYOB, is $69 per person, including tax and gratuity. Tickets are here.