'Bomb' was actually

a seder plate

* Willet Street near Lincoln Drive, in West Mount Airy

A suspicious package that led to the evacuation of the Germantown Jewish Centre yesterday morning turned out to be a seder plate apparently placed at a side entrance by someone who wanted to donate it.

Senior Rabbi Adam Zeff said the synagogue's maintenance director spotted the package leaning against the building outside a side entrance about 7 a.m. and decided to alert police.

About 25 people evacuated the building, including teachers and people participating in a morning prayer service, Zeff said. The synagogue's day care opened two hours late. Zeff said a police bomb squad quickly determined the package was harmless, and people were allowed back into the building at 9:30 a.m.

Man critically hurt

in shooting

* Orleans Street near Ruth,

in Kensington

Police were investigating a shooting last night in Kensington that left a 19-year-old man in critical condition. He was shot at least once in the back of the head about 9:30 p.m., police said. He was rushed to Temple University Hospital, where he was undergoing emergency surgery as of 10:30 p.m.

Man charged with attempted arson

* Edgemont Avenue in Chester

Chester police arrested Mohsin Khawaja, 27, early yesterday morning for allegedly trying to set fire to two vacant properties he owns. Police found Khawaja covered in gas and found that he had placed cloth tarps soaked in gas on the windows of each of the buildings. He was charged with arson and related offenses.

Did he reward himself?

* Harrah's Chester Casino

A Harrah's Chester employee who worked in customer rewards was rewarding himself for the past eight months, to the tune of more than $20,000, according to State Police.

Doel Socorro Medina, 43, of Philadelphia, who worked in the casino's Total Rewards department, had access to rewards coupons that are mailed out to members and can be redeemed for play on slot machines, according to a police investigator.

About 1 a.m. Saturday, casino surveillance captured Medina taking $4,320 worth of the coupons as he ended his shift, police said.

Medina was stopped by casino security as he tried to leave, and he later admitted during police interviews that he had stolen an additional $16,000 over the course of the past eight months, according to police. He allegedly claimed he'd given the coupons to another person, who was not identified.

In Other News: DN 'Most Wanted' surrenders

Antonio "Tony Topdog" Lewis, wanted on charges of attempted murder, aggravated assault, robbery and other offenses, turned himself in yesterday morning, after his mug shot was featured in an Aug. 29

Daily News

"Week's Most Wanted."

FBI Special Agent J.J. Klaver said Lewis' surrender was due in part to "Week's Most Wanted." Lewis, 20, was wanted for allegedly shooting a man three times after an argument inside a house on Levick Street near Hawthorne, in Mayfair.

- Morgan Zalot, Stephanie Farr

and staff reports