Experience the outdoors with your family at these five earthly wonders.
1. The Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Ariz. Home to more than 100 species of reptiles, 350 birds, and 2,000 plants. experiencescottsdale.com
2. Great Smoky Mountains National Park, See elk, wild turkeys, and black bears. Spend the night in Maggie Valley, one of Appalachia's best-kept secrets. visitncsmokies.com
3. Curacao, in the Caribbean. A snorkeler's and diver's dream. curacao.com; lionsdive.com
4. Waterways throughout Idaho, Colorado, and Utah. Rafting, canyon views, waterfalls, hot springs and wildlife sightings. oars.com; rowadventures.com
5. Wonders of wildflowers. Colorful blooms from Death Valley's desert floor in California to Colorado's alpine peaks. furnacecreekresort.com; crestedbuttewildflowerfestival.com; colorado.com - FamilyTravel.com