A 92-year-old woman died Tuesday after she became trapped in an early morning fire in her Bensalem home.

The blaze at the house on the 2200 block of Byberry Road broke out just before 5:30 a.m., Bensalem Township police said.

The woman was trapped on the first floor of the home, which was engulfed in flames when fire crews arrived. She was rescued and taken to Aria Health's Torresdale hospital in critical condition, and later taken to Temple University Hospital, where she died.

Police identified her as Julia Pachucki.

The cause of the blaze, which took several hours to get under control, wasn't known.