Two Pennsylvania men sentenced in the sexual assault of a Bucks County child
The two men were caught in an investigation of a Kentucky sex trafficker who arranged the encounters.

Two Pennsylvania men were sentenced to state prison Wednesday by a Bucks County judge after they previously pleaded guilty to statutory sexual assault of a 13-year-old.
Randy Francis Quinn, 43, of Coopersburg, and Thomas Van Ingen, 68, of Perkiomenville, pleaded guilty to statutory sexual assault of a child. Both men arranged encounters with the 13-year-old Bucks County girl through an online sex trafficker, according to the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office.
Quinn will serve five to 10 years, followed by 10 years of probation, for statutory sexual assault, photographing or filming child sexual abuse, and dissemination of photos or film of child sexual abuse. Van Ingen will serve two to four years, followed by eight years of probation, for statutory sexual assault.
“It is incredibly sad what this child has been through, what this family’s been through,” First Assistant District Attorney Kristin M. McElroy said. “Both of them had their concerns and their doubts about her age, and yet they continued to do what they did.”
Prosecutors urged the court to impose an aggravated sentence as McElroy emphasized the permanent nature of digital evidence, stating that Quinn live streamed the assaults. “Anytime they see these videos, this child is revictimized,” McElroy said during closing arguments for Quinn’s sentencing before Bucks County Court Judge Wallace H. Bateman Jr.
During the sentencing hearing, the mother of the child who was assaulted detailed the trauma, sharing that her child requires intensive therapy and medication.
“The unimaginable pain inflicted on this young child and her family demands the strictest accountability,” District Attorney Joe Khan said. “Our office remains fiercely committed to hunting down predators who target our youth and ensuring that those who exploit children face severe consequences.”
The sentences stem from an investigation launched by Bucks County detectives into the trafficking of the child at the center of the case. Investigators found that a Kentucky man, Zachary Lee McCauley, 30, had “groomed and coerced” the 13-year-old through fear and intimidation.
Prosecutors say that McCauley forced the child to create a deceptive online profile to accept online dating applications from adult men. McCauley is scheduled for a court appearance in June on numerous charges, including trafficking of individuals and sexual exploitation of children.
Quinn and Van Ingen met the child for sexually abusive encounters in October 2024, orchestrated by McCauley, according to prosecutors.
McElroy credited the child’s mother with uncovering the abuse after reviewing her daughter’s phone when she sensed something was wrong. Additionally, Bucks County investigators had to comb through digital records to locate the offenders, as the child did not know the men and could not identify them.
“This was really an incredible investigation done by Bucks County detectives,” McElroy said. “It was really through incredible police work that we were able to get to this point to identify the two offenders who were just sentenced in court today.”
