Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
Makes 6 servings
31/2 pounds chicken wings (12 wings)
2 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Trim the chicken wings and pat dry. Place in a gallon zip-top bag.
2. Mix the honey, mustard, and lemon juice in a measuring cup.
3. Pour over the chicken wings. Zip the bag and squish the chicken around until all the wings are coated. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken wings on a rack set above a foil-lined pan and bake until sticky and golden, about 30 minutes.
- From Good Cooking, The New Basics (Silverback, 2005)
Per serving: 462 calories, 60 grams protein, 6 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams sugar, 17 grams fat, 202 milligrams cholesterol, 316 milligrams sodium, no dietary fiber.
Baked Potato, Carrot & Parsnip Strips
Makes 6 servings
4 yellow fleshed
potatoes, skin left on
Salt and pepper
1. Scrub the potatoes, carrots and parsnips.
Slice the vegetables in strips to resemble
2. For the potatoes: Cut in half, then place flat
side down and cut into strips about ¼ inch
in width. Cut those pieces in half again if
3. Slice the carrots and parsnips into similar
4. Place the vegetables in a zip-top gallon bag
and fill with cold water. Allow to soak for 30
minutes (to remove starch).
5. Drain the vegetables and pat dry. Lay on a
foil-lined sheet brushed lightly with olive oil.
Lightly brush the vegetables with olive oil.
Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and
6. Bake in a 400° F oven for 30 to 35
minutes (with the chicken wings, switching
places halfway through to make sure each
7. Serve hot.
Per serving: 104 calories, 1 g fat, 394 mg sodium, no cholesterol, 21 g carbohydrates, 3 g dietary fiber,
trace sugar, 3 g protein.