The Eagles are heading to the playoffs for the eighth time in Andy Reid's 11 seasons, but the coach wasn't ready to talk about that in the aftermath of a victory over San Francisco.
"I haven't really thought about the playoffs," he said. "I'm not there yet. I'm proud of our guys the way they worked through a bunch of different situations. They've stayed focused, the coaches and players."
Asked why he seemed to be de-emphasizing clinching a playoff berth, Reid said, "We're grateful for having that opportunity. However, it's important that we don't get caught up in it. That's going to happen down the road. We have the Denver Broncos coming in and we have to be ready for that."
Some other issues from Reid's postgame news conference:
* On the four takeaways: "Any time you get that many takeaways it's a big thing."
* On DeSean Jackson: "I think the thing that sums him up the best is he loves to play the game … He just has a good time, and he's doing it in the National Football League."
* On the impact of the young players: "They give us all a little lift. It's fun to watch. They're going to make some mistakes here and there but they're going to do it 100 miles per hour."
* On the two long scoring drives: "You're only as a good as your last game, we understand that. Those were important drives. We needed that tonight. I'm proud of the guys limiting the mistakes and executing and kept it all together there."
* On the defense's rebound: "We still have to do a better job of blocking and tackling, blocking on offense and tackling on defense. We've got to be consistent and keep it going. Sean [McDermott] did a nice job schematically and the players executed it very well."
* On Kevin Curtis' return: "We wanted to ease him in. He'll be fine down the road."
* On the snowballs that were thrown: "One got close. We are a classy crew here in Philadelphia. We don't need to throw snowballs. Save that for the parking lot."
Reid said Michael Vick has a quad contusion. "We'll see how does this week," he said. He also said Sheldon Brown tweaked his ankle.