Westbrook's big day
Brian Westbrook had a huge day in the Eagles' win over the Giants ... Here are some of the numbers and what he had to say afterward ...
* With his two touchdowns today, Westbrook has six TDs in the last two games. He had eight in the previous nine games that he played (he missed the games against Chicago and San Francisco with injuries). The 14 touchdowns are a career high.
* It was the fourth time this season he has recorded at least one rushing and one receiving touchdown in the same game and the 12th time in his career he has done so.
* He posted 203 yards of total offense, and now has 9,085 for his career, surpassing Harold Carmichael (9,042) to become the franchise leader in yards from scrimmage.
* With a career-high 33 carries for 131 yards, Westbrook registered his 20th-career 100-yard rushing game, moving past Steve Van Buren (19) and into second place in team history. He trails only Wilbert Montgomery (26).
* With 1,206 rushing attempts, he moved past Duce Staley (1,200) and into third place in team history behind Montgomery (1,465) and Van Buren (1,320).
WESTBROOK POSTGAME ...
Question: Have you ever seen this team, this coaching staff, commit to the run like they did today?
Response: You know it's one of those days. We were able to run the ball successfully early, and coach stayed with it. He was very committed to it, and I give a lot of credit to him because usually we're not that committed to it. He saw that we were getting it done. We always try to tell him two or three yards is not that bad, and we had a couple carries where it was just two or three yards, but he stayed committed to it and sooner or later that turned into five or six yards, then we had the big run down the middle.
Q: Would you have ever guessed 33 carries, a career high?
RE: When your offensive line is doing what they did today, they dominated the line of scrimmage today like they did last week, anything can happen.
Q: Did you get a sense the way it was going at the beginning that you were going to break one of those?
RE: I just had the feeling. They were playing it very well at the beginning. We were getting two or three yards, but they were playing it well. All it really takes is one guy to get out of his gap, and they did that eventually and we were able to break a couple of them.