A kitchen fire forced the evacuation of the Holiday Inn near the Parx Casino in Bensalem Friday night, authorities said.

The fire broke out around 9 p.m. at the hotel at 3327 Street Rd. The sprinkler system was activated and the fire was declared under control about 25 minutes later.

The emergency left some people briefly trapped in elevators. No injuries were reported. The hotel's website says the building has six floors and 167 rooms. Hotel employees could not be reached by phone.

- Robert Moran