THE TYPICAL city worker in Philadelphia takes off almost eight weeks per year. Here are the types of paid leave municipal employees can take:
* 11 holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
* Two to five weeks of paid vacation, depending on longevity.
* Fifteen to 20 days of paid sick leave, depending on longevity.
* Four days of administrative leave.
* Four days of bereavement leave, if an immediate family member dies.
Source: Civil Service Commission