Thirty-two suspects have been arrested for roles in a meth-trafficking ring operating in Montgomery and Philadelphia, officials announced this morning.
The alleged ring, "consisting of distributors, users and pushers," was a "family affair," with brothers Jeffrey and David Penna distributing methamphetamine from Jeffrey Penna's Hatfield Township home, in league with Francesco Messina, also of Hatfield, according to a statement from Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman and various local law-enforcement officials.
Because methamphetamine is "such a hazardous and dangerous drug," the case was given high priority last year as detectives began investigating the three men, officials said.
After the probe also uncovered suspected trafficking by Troy Dudas of Limerick Township, Ferman obtained Superior Court permission to carry out wiretaps and electronic surveillance on Messina's and Dudas' cell phones.
The surveillance, conducted in February, led to the execution of 14 search warrants and the recovery of drugs, drug paraphernalia and firearms in Philadelphia and Montgomery County. One location was Cosmo Motors, an auto-body shop in Lansdale.
The defendants were arraigned Wednesday and Friday by Magisterial District Judge Andrea Duffy in Montgomeryville.
The following were charged with corrupt-organization activities and drug-act violations:
1. Francesco "Frank" Messina, 719 Schwab Rd., Hatfield
2. Troy Dudas, 111 Mine Run Rd., Schwenksville
3. Todd Slawecki, 42 Orchard Court, Royersford
4. Robert Glorioso, 1295 Cabin Rd., Hatfield Township
5. Jeff Penna, 1295 Cabin Rd., Hatfield Township
6. Dave Penna, 1898 Valley Forge Rd., Lansdale
7. Jeff Martinez, 3822 North 6th St., Philadelphia
8. James Trull, 1447 Old Skippack Rd., Harleysville
9. Antonio Encarnacion Perales, 1002 N. Marshall St. Philadelphia
10. Vanessa Ramos, 1002 N. Marshall St, Philadelphia
11. Juan M. Encarnacion, 3921 N. 6th St. Philadelphia
12. Kent Lee Seprauskie "Gadget", 55 Meng Rd., Schwenksville
13. Timothy Beck, 55 Meng Rd. Schwenksville
14. Kristina Popelarski, 385 Greenwood Ave., Collegeville
15. Joel Jay Payumo, aka Marissa Devine 251 E. Thompson St., Philadelphia
16. Joseph "Phoenix" Croxton, 1734 Tasker St., Philadelphia
17. Dan Ells, 225 East 2nd St., Lansdale
18. Rodney Creciun, 108 Stump Rd., North Wales
19. John Griffith, 1626 Sheffield Drive, Blue Bell
The following defendants were charged with Violations of the Drug Act:
20. Ronald Krauss, 10 South Towamencin Ave., Lansdale,.
21. Jamie L. Hamburg, 27 Lincoln Ave., Lansdale
22. Anthony Lagrotte, 149 North 3rd St., Telford
23. Carmen Iannelli, 2382 Orchard Lane, Gilbertsville
24. John J. Welsh III, 1150 Schwab Rd., Hatfield
25. Lisa Messina, 2564 Morris Rd., Lansdale
26. Donald L Preston, 72 Roboda Boulevard, Royersford
27. Kevin Saldutti, 1415 East Hewson St.
28. Ryan Burns, 804 Marlbrook Lane, Lansdale
29. Norman R. Russell Jr., 3275 Bergey Rd., Hatfield
30. Thomas McGoldrick, 1 Boro Line Rd., King of Prussia
31. Keith Chasteen, 251 E. Thompson St., Philadelphia