A second person has been arrested and charged in the shooting that wounded a Good Samaritan in Rittenhouse Square more than two weeks ago.

Raeese Nasir, 18, of the 4900 block of North Broad Street in Logan, turned himself in to Central Detectives on Monday, police announced Thursday. He
 has been charged with attempted murder, conspiracy, robbery, gun violations and related offenses.

Nasir and 17-year-old Mehdi Fraiji, of the 900 block of South 15th Street in Southwest Center City, were allegedly trying to rob a couple in the iconic square at about 9:30 p.m. Oct. 18 when a bystander intervened, police have said.

During the attempted robbery in the Center City park, Fraiji allegedly took a gun from Nasir and shot Torago Flint, 39, who was on a bicycle. Flint, hit five times in his shoulder and stomach, has been released from Hahnemann University Hospital.

Fraiji surrendered to police Oct. 22. He has been charged as an adult with similar offenses. He remains in jail and faces a Nov. 10 preliminary hearing.

Nasir also remains behind bars. His case is listed for a Dec. 2 status hearing in a courtroom that normally hears cases that the District Attorney's Office decides to bring before a grand jury at the preliminary-hearing level.

Prosecutors can take a case before a grand jury when there is concern about a witness testifying in public. Grand jury proceedings are secret and the defendant and defense attorney are not present during the proceedings.

The DA's Office, through a spokesman, said Thursday that it would not comment on why Nasir's case is not listed for a public preliminary hearing. 

Attorney Gary Server, who was recently appointed to represent Nasir, declined comment Thursday. Fraiji is being represented by the Defender Association of Philadelphia, which generally does not comment on open cases.

According to police, Fraiji and Nasir tried to rob a 22-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman in the park whom Fraiji knew.

Flint had been riding his bike in the park after a night of selling drinks and snacks when he saw the couple being robbed by two men. When he saw one with a gun, he intervened and at first, didn't realize he was shot, he has told CBS3.

After the shooting, the offenders ran toward 19th and Walnut Streets without taking anything. The man and woman were not injured and remained in the park to talk to police.