Skip to content
Link copied to clipboard

Fire damages room at Tyler School

A fire apparently caused by spontaneous combustion in a pile of rags damaged a classroom at Temple University's Tyler School of Art yesterday, a university spokesman said.

Mark Eyerly said the eight to 10 people who were in the building when the fire broke out at 10:40 a.m. got out safely.

He said damage was confined to the classroom, except for a few windows that firefighters broke to let out smoke.

The building in Cheltenham Township will be open as usual this morning, Eyerly said. This is finals week on the Tyler campus.

- Tom Infield